Dr. Sunil S. Rayan, M.D.
As a young student, Dr. Rayan naturally excelled in math and science. It was at this time, that he realized his passion for medicine.
After receiving his medical degree at the University of Madras, Dr. Rayan's compassion for people, coupled with his desire to train under men and women of unmatched skill, led him to study medicine at the preeminent Maimonides Medical Center in Brooklyn, N.Y. The Maimonides philosophy of dedication in fostering care for its patients through singular devotion and a broad scope of cutting-edge options and services is something that Dr. Rayan strives to weave into the very fabric of Tricounty Urology Associates.
Dr. Rayan's associations and awards validate his experience—and more importantly, his desire to remain uniquely committed to each patient and their family. As his knowledge and expertise are passed on to each patient in the form of proficient care and unhurried follow-up, it is his goal to promote health and wholeness in his specialized field of Urology.
- Member of the American Urological Association
- Fellow, American College of Surgeons (FACS)
- Physicians' License; States of Pennsylvania and Michigan
- Controlled Substance License; States of Pennsylvania and Michigan
- Ferdinand Valentine New York State Urology Essay Contest, “Specific Gravity of Urine as an Early Indicator for Response to Desmopressin in the Treatment of Enuresis.” New York Academy of Medicine: Third Place, March, 1996.
- Maimonides Research Award, “The Use of Polymerase Chain Reaction in the Detection of Incipient Candiduria in Patients with Cancer on Chemotherapy.” Maimonides Scientific Session: Clinical Research, April, 1995.
- Recombinant Human Erythropoietin in the Treatment of Anemia Associated with Advanced Prostate Cancer. Podium Presentation, American Urological Association, National Meeting, Orlando, FL, May, 1996.
- Recombinant Human Erythropoietin in the Treatment of Anemia Associated with Advanced Prostate Cancer. New York Section, American Urological Association, International Meeting, Paris, France, October, 1996.
- Specific Gravity of Urine as an Indicator for Response to Desmopressin in the Treatment of Enuresis. Society of International Urology, Montreal, Canada, September, 1997.
- Rayan, S., Sheynkin, Y., Gerard, P., Wise, G.J. Staphylococcus Periprostatic Abscess: An Unusual Cause of Acute Urinary Retention. Urology 46: 573-574.
Dr. Rayan has a passion for cricket, tennis, debate, creative writing and volunteering for mission trips. He resides in Westmoreland County with his wife, Anne, and their lovely daughters.